Me in Ethan's jeep with the top down and smiles out
Another first year lesson I've learned is not to do relationships, not long distance, not in the same school, or the same town... NO relationships. They all end up foggy and unsure. Maybe second year will hold better luck for me, but as a tip to all my readers, don't fall into the trap of dating in first year. My cynical attitude towards men has not changed either you may note... I still feel like God is punishing me for my bad life by hurting my love life. Or maybe it's me being crazy who knows. But a chin-up kind of kind of note is that Hunter Hayes WANTS crazy. WELL Hunter Hayes, I am certifiably psycho.
First year exams are still swinging, but I only have two left. A tip about work ethic would be to actually try. You're going to kick yourself in the behind if you don't and you become 12 weeks behind on your readings. Studying for exams is a beautiful thing you learn to do after high school, especially if you're like me and didn't. University was a major wake up call to get my act together. Trust me, Readers, I know.
Lastly, I want to talk about friends. First year is all about trying to fit in, whether it's with a sport, or a club, a job or friends. My biggest fear at the beginning of the year was that I wouldn't make friends because let's face it guys - I'm so weird I can't handle myself sometimes. At the beginning of the year, we all wrote letters to out future selves which we got back yesterday. Being as clever and well-written as I am, mine said: "I hope to God you have friends by now". Well Frosh Week Jessica, I do have friends, and I love them. My friends made my entire first year experience from crazy sleepovers, watching scary movies and peeing ourselves, filming each other during the scary movies, all of our sushi dates and singing parties in the residence hallway. I am so grateful for all of the amazing friends I've made and could not have survived first year without all of you guys. Accompanied with this post will be my own photo yearbook of my first year at Queen's. PS The pictures are out of order, sorry!
Holden and I on Halloween
All dressed up for Halloween
St. Patties with my may-as-well be roommates
Ella and I
My dorm room the first day I moved in!
ArtSci coveralls after the Frosh Olympics. Dirt and shaving cream anyone?
Laura and I at Frosh week, can we talk about my amazing tan?
First night out together as a floor
Getting a little crazy up in here
Maddy, myself and Em
Dressing up to go out Frosh Week
Love these three so much <3
Life with these girls have been a pile of laughs.
Holden myself and Maddy on Halloween
Myself, Shanny, Alex and Holden on the lake, such a beautiful view from the pier
Housemates missing Ella and Holden
Holden and I always smashed boxes with a metal bar to relieve stress, this picture just makes me smile :)
Leaves with Ella
We're so artsy hip
Out poster wall!
Ella and I always went to Spin this year!
My Pippa, one of my best friends.
Robyn honestly makes me so happy, she is just like me and I love it.
High table, you can dress us up, can't take us out ;)
All dressed up for high table
All the girls dressed up, we're a classy bunch!
Floor mates forever
My Don, Wes, he is honestly the most amazing and I am SO HAPPY to have gotten to live with him this past year. I'll miss him so much
Pippa and I, pretty much sums up our lives
Pretty smiles
My favourite neighbour I could ever ask for. Kash has been here for me for everything. I literally trust him with my life. I'll be seeing lot of him the next few years
VIC HALL 6D!
My first year page can't NOT have my best friend from back home, Natalie. I have to give her sososo many thanks for coming to visit me, having all of the skype calls and keeping me calm through many storms. There is a big reason she's my best friend.
Maddy
We played floor volleyball - actually we WON floor volleyball - but since there's no pictures from it, I took this picture at one of our games, this random guy was walking around the gym like this.
Emily's friend Clara came to visit the school, she was an absolute doll!
Other frands from my floor!
I love Colby, I'll miss my Colby hugs and lovely chats
Cup from Frosh Week orientation leader (Gael) interview
90's Throwback
Alex is so amazing, my favourite housemate!!
Sexy Lexi, love this little engineer!
Housemate Holden xox
PIPPPAAAAA
Robyn, Lexi and I doing selfies in some random bathroom
Kash again, because he is so amazing
Robyn's 19th, Kyler is #1
Library studies
Four of us from the beginning! First picture ever together!
Girs of 6D at the homecoming football game!
6D Gael bonding
Beautiful ladies
Nat's visit to Queen's! We showed her one heck of a time!
Alex's 19th!
My amazing Honey Boo Boo Frosh group! Frosh week was amazing and I can't wait to be a Gael next year!

























