Last night, Heaven gained a new angel. I can say I knew Alex personally, he and I had some good times together partying and just hanging out. When I needed him, he was there for me and sat with me until I fell asleep.
It's a shame to see when such a young person takes their own life... Depression is a real problem that is under-addressed and needs to be made aware. This is the fourth person my age from my small hometown that has ended their life because they felt like they couldn't cope with the stress and pains of living. It's just sad, he was only in grade eleven. He wasn't even eighteen yet...
It's times like these in life when people realize how truly precious life is. We should never take a single person we love for granted. Always make sure you know there is always someone out there who is willing to talk and listen and someone will always care about you.
